Sunday 28 April 2013

My plans for the BTS EXPO

Hello Everyone,

As you may or may not know i am in the process of starting my own tarantula and reptile breeding program. we currently have a very small stock list. My main goal when going to the BTS is to get a few breeding pairs of Tarantulas.

Here is a list of things i plan to buy:

Mature:

1) A breeding pair of Brachypelma Smithi (Mexican Red Knee). These are a beautiful colored Tarantula, they do flick hairs but are a good starting Tarantula.

2) A Female Grammostola pulchripes (Chaco Gold Knee). Again another beautiful and docile Tarantula. i am not sure if i will breed these but they are a species i have always wanted to own.

Juveniles:

1) A Female Theraphose Blondi (Goliath Bird Eater) am amazing spider, not sure Sam would be to happy about this so may have to wait a few years.

2) I may be tempted to pick up a Brachypelma emilia to go with my spiderling.

Spiderlings:

I would love to pick up some P.metilica slings. I plan on buying anywhere between 10-20 spiderlings. These will in turn mature over the next few years giving me breeding stock.

One thing about tarantulas is that most of them are very pricey. My plan is to breed my own and sell them on to hobbyists at a fair price. Not only will this help people get into the hobby but if there are breeders out there who do not mind selling for a fair price it will drastically cut down the amount of wild Tarantulas being taken from their homes, not only does this stress the Tarantula but it also effects the ecosystem.


Please tell me what you think. Have i missed an interesting breed off my list? what would you like to see more of in the hobby?

Lloyd Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment